Take your camera off automatic and take control of your pictures!
Learn More About a Previous Photography Class
Mastering Manual is a two hour workshop offered on Sunday afternoons at 2:00. Find available dates in the registration form below.
You will learn...
- what shutter speed, aperture, and ISO are
- how they affect your images
- how they work together for the perfect exposure
- how to get a blurred background
- how to make flowing water look like a continuous ribbon
How you will learn...
- We’ll start with simple definitons and relationships in a class-like setting. You will receive a “cheat sheet” for future reference and tips for remembering new terminology.
- We will go on an outdoor shoot to a local Grand Rapids location where everyone will put their new knowledge to use. With help from a professional photographer, you’ll learn to adjust your camera to the perfect exposure and take amazing photographs!
- Back indoors you will choose your favorite shots of the day for an informal image critique from the instructor and other classmates.
You will need...
- your own digital SLR camera, lens, and storage media (i.e. SD card)
- enthusiasm for photography and learning new things
- appropriate attire for outdoor photography
- to register
The cost of this workshop is $100 and includes...
- approximately 2 hours of instruction from a professional photographer
- an 11x14, professional print of your best shot of the day (mailed to you after the workshop)
Class sizes will not exceed 10 participants.
Sign up for the Mastering Manual Workshop